Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Your life is your life


Good morning blog. I haven't kept a blog in a while, I always start blogs as a kind of throw-away new year's resolution, it's one that leaves you with little to no guilty conscience after you drop it, because pretty soon after the new year starts so does a hectic schedule, and you really you have no time to post about the obscure little interests you have that only you yourself could possess. In my case, this is an ever-evolving list, however I've noticed I fixate on long-forgotten rock stars.

I will post at least THREE TIMES a week, I have told myself in the past. Oh those were ignorant days. That was a time when I actually believed I had the willpower, organisation, even concentration you need to become a blogger.
I get a kick out of setting goals for myself. Highly unrealistic, unachievable ones are the best.

So let me shoot straight with you blog. Chances are, although I have only just brought you into existence, you will be quite neglected during your time here on the Internet. I'm not going to devote a lot of time to you, so just grin and bear it. You are here solely for me to rant on and obsessively post pictures of David Bowie on, okay? Don't expect too much, little blog, and you may (occasionally) be pleasantly surprised.

It's year of the dragon now, and also my first year at University. I am not really looking forward to law. It might be interesting but it's my bachelor of media that really seems exciting (I'm doing a double degree. As in I will have no spare time for the next five years.) I don't want to be a lawyer. To me, while lawyers are brilliantly analytical, there is no room for imagination. If only there was a career where I was allowed to be fanciful. I dabble in the arts. I was in a few musicals at high school, have cackhandedly taught myself how to play guitar and write songs that only their creator could love, and on occasion write poetry that doesn't rhyme. I have parents who very much doubt you can make art your career without having sheer amounts of talent and drive, and for that reason have encouraged me to make a go of law. But I think if I had more confidence in my own abilities I would never have been swayed by them as easily. A lot of the time when we blame our parents we are failing to recognise a fault of our own. So blog, I am going to continue writing in you and develop my skills, and I will never cease to dream.

In a way I decided to start up my final attempt at a blog because I feel if nobody reads it that doesn't matter. But if this blog is a tool to motivate myself and write pages and pages of gratuitous nonsense about developing self-confidence and just believing in my self, then I need to use it. The potential that other people might read about my goals and that in a sense, by failing them I am failing myself, is probably just the thing I need to keep me going.

2012 is going to be an interesting year. It won't be a good year, or a bad year, because I don't think you can put a whole 365 days into one of two categories.

Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.

Love,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment